Friday, January 23, 2009

Assignment #6 Charmaine Crooks


I'm doing my assignment on Charmaine Crooks. She is a 5-time Olympian runner. She won silver in 1984 and has represented Canada almost the past 20 years. In 1996, she was the one who carried the Canadian flag at the Opening Ceremonies of the 1996 Atlanta Centennial Olympic Games. I chose her because I wanted to learn more about an African-Canadian 5-time Olympian runner.

She was born August 8, 1962 in Mandeville, Jamaica. She was the first Canadian woman to run the 800 metres in under 2 minutes. She as chosen as one of the "Top 50 Women of Power." Charmaine Crooks has been President/Founder of NGU Consultants, a sports marketing, management and consulting company. She was and still is for some people a role model for some people. I had never heard about Charmaine Crooks, and I don't know why because of the things she has accomplished. I am quite impressed.

These are the sites I got my information from.
http://www.mcpspeakers.com/Speaker/76/Charmaine-Crooks.html
http://www.thehearttruth.ca/Charmaine_Crooks/

1 comments:

Shauna Pollock said...

Good job, Kane! Do you know when she moved to Canada?